30 August, 2017

WOW! Wednesday

Folks, I cannot make this stuff up!

While traveling around on lunch break in the nearby subdivision, aiming at the local park to sit and enjoy some Mother Nature, I spied a grey tabby cat casually strolling down the sidewalk.  My "Oh no, a stray cat!" instinct immediately kicked in, and I pulled The Cat Car over to the curb and parked.

I oh-so-casually exited my car, (phone in hand!) and called, "Kitty! Kitty! Kitty!" And the cat walked straight up to me, purring away, and allowed scritches and pets.  "Wow!" I thought to myself, "what a cat whisperer I am!"  The stray cat then jumped up on my car...then up on the roof!  I was gobsmacked, but managed to snap a few photos.

Then, I'm thinking...what am I supposed to do?  If this stray cat needs a home, do I just open the car door?  While I wrestled with this for a moment, a man from across the street called over and told me, "that cat belongs to the house over there!" as he pointed.  I thanked him, and when I'd turned around again, Not-Stray-Cat (NSC) had jumped down and continued his stroll, in the same direction he first was headed in.  He was obviously walking home.  Not so much a cat whisperer, rather more a cat NOTICER!  Stepping alongside, I spoke softly to NSC, and he stopped to give himself a quick bath in the middle of the sidewalk.

Thankfully, NSC isn't in need of assistance, but I am beginning to wonder if I 'attract' cats from out of the blue.  Anyone else have the same thing happen to them?  While on vacation, on a walk in the neighborhood, visiting my mother's senior condominium complex...I find cats.  

Stray Cat (before he was NSC)
Enjoying The Cat Car!
This cat has plenty of confidence
Sidewalk Bath Time
Close-up of NSC
***

Thank you for your well-wishes
for Angel and Chuck's Gotcha Day!
Chuck has ceased the constant meowing,
and we feel he's eating better because
we are constantly putting out small portions
of food for him when he asks for some.

23 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Or we have a big "Cat Spoiler" sign that hovers seen-only-by-cats over our heads!

      Delete
  2. I have the same thing happen when I go for a run--I never know if a cat is a stray or not! I wish they would all have collars so we knew which cats to "rescue!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, NSC sure welcomed you to the neighborhood! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, you are definitely a cat whisperer. But it's hard to know if a kitteh needs rescuing or not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're glad to hear NSC has a home. :) You're probably just more in tuned to cats...the mom is like that too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How dear! He knew instinctively he could trust you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute kitty, he does look well cared for. I am glad Chuck is eating.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Being a cat noticer is a pretty specialized skillset! You made a new friend and didn't have to figure out how to do a rescue. That's a big win all around!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They instinctively know who's looking out for them. Glad the little cutie has a home :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's definitely a brave kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha, cat noticer :-) I think you are cat whisperer. Kitties know who they can trust!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our mom is a cat-attracting mom. Probably because she is like you, a friend to all cats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We're so glad NSC has a home and doesn't need hep. Mommy says she can always find a cat when she's not lookin'. MOL Big hugs

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Raena

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a handsome cat! He knew you're a cat lover and just had to come check you out. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like that little guy owns the neighborhood. He was probably out on patrol and sensed you were a cat person who needed some attention! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. ☺☺☺☺☺

    guyz; nsc waz lookin either ta steel yur momz car... ore him wanted her ta give him a lift home sew he dinna knead ta walk ♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMC AND that cat bears a STRIKING resemblance to Cody!! You know what I think part of it is? Don't your ferals hang out by your car sometimes? I am thinking your car might have a scent like "the cat mobile" LMAO!!! Oh and I am supposed to share this here, the link from the award you gave me! Thank you!! http://www.catchatwithcarenandcody.com/2017/08/thankful-thursday-blogger-recognition.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great story and you just never know when a furbabe might be in distress..yay You for checking.
    I love all the photos you took especially the last one.MOL
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  19. Perhaps they just sense you are a kind soul =)
    Cute photos!

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....