02 October, 2017

Helping Paws For The Cause Feral Cat Rescue

Felix and Me at Maestros Dog Haus
My friend contacted me about some premium cat food that they had at Maestros Dog Haus in Ferndale, Michigan, and asked if I knew of a rescue that could use them.  YES, I said.  Paws For The Cause Feral Cat Rescue (PFTC) is my favorite home-grown cat rescue, and they gladly accepted the boxes of canned and dry food.  Thank you, Felix and Maestros!
I also make up flyers of adoptable kittens and cats that PFTC have, and pin them on the employee boards all 'round my office campus.  I update them as the cast of characters change.  Co-workers often stop by to talk 'cats' with me!

Mama PFTC and Me!
I dropped off the boxes of food from Maestros in Chesterfield, Michigan, and got a chance to catch up with JW, who not only was a co-worker of mine (she's retired now), but is also the mom of the founder of PFTC!  We talked and chatted, and even assisted JW's neighbor whose two dogs ran away (I grabbed one's collar to hold him).

Wish I could donate millions of $$$ to help feral cats, or hours of time with trapping, vetting, feeding, etc.  Since my wallet is thin, and my work hours are long, a food transport here and a flyer there are the ways that I can help out.

Thank you again to Felix and JW!

😺😸😺

P.S. Felix adopted the first cat that I'd TNR'd, at my old office parking lot.  We never knew if George was feral or a dropped-off pet, but Felix and family took care of him for years until his death.  Angel George set me on the TNR/feral cat rescue path, and he'll always have a piece of my heart.

Angel George

13 comments:

  1. Hi! It's Felix! I'm personally more than happy to help, George was a sweetheart who brought me years of happiness and taught me so much. He was absolutely terrified of humans and everything when we met, trying to scale the bathroom wall anytime I walked in. Working with him and earning his trust and love was one of the best journeys and lessons in my life! I love him dearly and I was so happy he was a fairly normal (odd but happy) cat for a few years before he passed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pawsum blessing. Poor George looks so skinny./ We're so happy dat you helped him get saved. And, we know da kitties 'purreciate all da help you give. We can't all do it all, but every little bit helps. Big hugs

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Raena

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so terrific. I am a huge fan of feral cats.They need so much patience and are usually willing to trust. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How great that you are able to help! Every single effort can help make a huge difference! Purrs from Deb and the Zee/Zoey gang

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish there were more people like you in this world, then there would be less homeless cats. XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love all that you do to help the sweeties, thank you, thank you, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What you are doing is wonderful! I feel the same way, wish I could donate millions and hours to help out. But we do what we can do. Every little help counts :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job connecting the extra food with the folks who needed it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's wonderful to be able to donate the food. Love your flyer, too!

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....