11 March, 2018

Road Trip Hop; Happy 16th Birthday, Madi!

In honor of our blogging pal Madi whose 16th birthday is today, we are joining The Road Trip Hop!



Eastside Cats Roadtrip Story:
In August, 2004, The Hubby and I jumped into our old Toyota Camry, and drove for hours, it seemed, to pick up a couple of kittens.  My brother's co-worker's cat had had a litter of four kittens: two black, two black-and-white.  We were the first to arrive, so we picked one boy (black) and one girl (black-and-white).

Knowing NOTHING about kittens, cats, or anything, we'd only brought along a cardboard box...with no lid.  I sat in the back seat, box in my lap, holding two squirmy kittens as The Hubby drove.  The girl kitty would not be held down; she climbed the back of the driver's seat, and up onto The Hubby's shoulder!  Meanwhile, I looked over the more-dark-brown-than-black kitten in my hands, and that's when we thought to name him "Chocolate", which later turned into Chucky.  In May, 2004, my father had passed away, so Angel was named for him up in heaven.

With difficulty, we finally had that old Toyota towed away almost 10 years later, when the windows and doors no longer worked, but the engine still did!  It was the chariot that brought my babies home to make their lives with us.  The scrap yard gave us $100...

Happy Birthday, Madi!
May your trip down the road 
of life continue for a long time!
πŸ’–πŸ˜ΊπŸŽ‚



15 comments:

  1. that happened to my daad too as he brought the kitty of our neighbors to the vet... they had no cat carrier so they used a cardboard box and the kitty escaped... and my dad got a nice cat-too as he tried to catch the little girl ;O)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doc Seuss could use this as a story in a book, the cat on the head of the driver OH MY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh we agree with Sandra...what a precious story about Chucky and Angel's ride to their furever home. Don't you just love a Sassy girl cat who knows what she wants. Perfect name for Angel to be in honor of your Dad.
    Hugs madi and mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. A purrfect road trip story~ Happy Birthday to sweet Madi from all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful road trip story for Madi's birthday!
    xoxo,
    Rosy, Arty & Jakey

    ReplyDelete
  6. I luffs your Gotcha Day memory...I finks the Toyota is 'priceless'
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun story. And just think about how much you have learned about kittens since that time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great road trip story! I love how Chuck and Angel each got their names :-)
    I got nothing for my first car. It didn’t have any accident but was old and falling apart!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww..great story of how Chuck and Angel joined the family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to Madi!

    I love your story, and I love how you chose the names for your babies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your story. It made me smile and I always so love a telling of love for the babies in our care. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great story! Years ago when I picked out a coworker's kitten for my mom, I brought him home on the front seat of my truck with no box or anything, and he ended up UNDER the seat while I drove. It took some coaxing to get him out of there! :)

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....