03 May, 2018

Thankful Thursday: Wand Toy

Tomorrow, I see my hand surgeon.  Most likely, my pins will come out.  Just typing that makes me squirm… however many people have told me it's no big deal, including the surgeon!

Adjusting to only using my right hand has been interesting. Doorknobs have been the worst! Eating a sandwich one-handed can be a challenge also.  Hooking one's brassiere, and pulling on or off clothes, is almost a comedy.

I am thankful for all of the assistance that I've received from The Hubby especially, and coworkers, and family members.  Everyone has bolstered my emotions, when I was frustrated, feeling blue, or when I tried to do too much!  Turns out, many folks have similar stories to mine, about their hand or fingers, a toe or ankle, knees, elbows, shoulders, etc.  Knowing that I am in such company, I feel slightly less squirmy…and I vow to face the un-pinning with good humor!

And, you know how to play with a wand cat toy?

Manny and I played 'catch the ribbon', while he luxuriated
in a commonly seen box!

I had a Neko Flies toy in my right hand, for Chili Bruce, and the tie-died fabric wand toy stuck into my splint and bandages for Manny!  It worked!

P.S.  I corrected my post from yesterday.  I came across Chuck's photo from a year ago, and he looked so handsome!  I miss him, and am joyful that we brought two Chuck look-alikes into our home; Da Boyz are a delight, even as they tear up the place.  Thank you for your kind comments.

Let's HOP!





20 comments:

  1. Good luck on the unpinning ceremony and we hope all is back to normal for you! Thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the pin removal is quick and easy for you. I so can relate to having to use one hand when I was in that shoulder sling for 6 weeks. I didn't wear a bra for about two months and most clothes were slip on/stretchy types only! Will you need any physical therapy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a very clever, and practical, way to hold the toy. Good luck tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you can get the pins out and resume with the physical therapy. I hate have a boo boo for so long.

    Have a fabulous Thankful Thursday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful header and background.
    I see you are still all confined but happy to see you can type a bit too.
    Hugs madi and mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. We hope your appt goes well...and your hand is much better so you can get on with using both hands soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're sendin' hugs and purrayers fur your hand 'pointment. Mommy's been in similar situations and she says it's not the big things that are really annoyin', it's the small things like tryin' to pull on your unnerpants or button your shirt. MOL

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Raena

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your ability to multitask with multi cats is admirable even in the pre-appointment state! Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. when I fell (the same way you did!!) a few weeks ahead of you, if it wasn't for the fact I was wearing my giant, PADDED Lions jacket, I think the same thing would have happened. I feel so bad you had to go through this and thankfully it will be over soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Paws crossed for your paw healing, although that did look like a neat way to hold a cat toy. Just as long as the PT you have to do with it involves waving wands we think Da Boyz will cope.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope un-pinning will go smoothly and soon you'll be able to use your left hand fully! It's very creative how you hold the wand toy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope the unpinning goes well and you will soon have 2 fully functioning paws! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope all goes well at the surgeon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. best fishes two mom guyz.....we iz late sew her hope full lee haz had thiz done N herz home now chillaxin ~~~~ ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know today is your big day so I'm purrin' and purrin' AND PURRIN' all goes well 'bout those pins. PURRS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope your pins are now history and you're well on the mend!-Tom

    ReplyDelete
  17. We hope you're back to normal soon. My cats wouldn't be happy with one-handed rubs - that's for sure! But multi-tasking at play time?!? One or the other of my cats is likely to get a little close to the other while playing so I'll leave that to the pros :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Today is tomorrow, so I hope your appointment with the surgeon went well and the pins were removed.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yikes, pins!! Hope all went well. That is indeed a very creative way to play with that wand. Way to make use of that thing on your arm!

    ReplyDelete

Mee-row!
Thanks for your comments; we LURV them! Purrr....